Buying your first home will likely be one of the most exciting yet stressful times of your life, however many first time buyers make mistakes that could put their home ownership in jeopardy. So, once you’re lucky enough to find that dream home make sure you follow these 10 Commandments of buying a home….
1. Thou shalt not change jobs, become self employed or quit your job.
2. Thou shalt not buy a new car, van or truck (you may end up living in it).
3. Thou shalt not use charge cards excessively or let your accounts fall behind.
4. Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
5. Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
6. Thou shalt not buy furniture even if the payment is deferred until after closing.
7. Thou shalt not allow any additional inquiries on your credit except for insurance purposes.
8. Thou shalt not make large deposits without first checking with your lender.
9. Thou shalt not change bank accounts.
10. Thou shalt not co-sign on a loan for anyone. If you have ANY questions, or recently broke a “commandment”, call/email your buyers agent.
You Pick Local Homes You Like in Billerica, Middlesex County, MA and surrounding areas, and I Will Do The Rest!
Outstanding schools, good city services, nice parks and playgrounds, dog parks, convenient shopping, restaurants and transportation, are just a few of the considerations that are important to people when they choose a community to call home.
No one knows the people and communities they serve better than local real estate agents. It’s my job to know the ins and outs of the communities I serve.